Save the Date:
Waves of Action Conference
Saturday, December 7th, 2013 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
You’re invited! Celebrate the culmination of Waves of Action For The Shore, Clean Ocean Action’s year-long Sandy response program. Almost 14,000 volunteers (and counting) have helped to improve and protect the marine environment through 281 projects, with more than 125 different organizations, in over 70 towns in New York and New Jersey.
A suggested donation of $15 includes admission and breakfast. As this event is open to all, a donation is not required. We hope that all interested in celebrating the achievements of the Jersey Shore and Waves of Action program will join us for breakfast and a lively discussion about the future.
The conference will highlight the extraordinary success of the volunteers and project leaders, include panels on unmet community needs in the aftermath of Sandy, resources to move forward with resiliency and environmental stewardship, and the results of Clean Ocean Action’s sea level rise survey.
Reflections will be made by Monmouth County resident, Brian Thompson, New Jersey reporter for NBC New York.
- COA’s Student Ocean Advocates helped Conserve Wildlife Foundation of NJ replace osprey nests damaged by Sandy in Stafford Twp NJ on March 23!
Waves Conference – Add Your Input to COA’s Conference!
As we look back at all that has been accomplished since Superstorm Sandy, we would like to hear from someone important — you. Clean Ocean Action wants to hear about programs or projects that promote environmental stewardship and resiliency in your town. Add to what COA has already started compiling:
- Has your town created an innovative, green project?
- Has your town brought volunteers together for community service?
- Do you know a business or homeowner that has rebuilt sustainably?
- On the other hand, have you seen rebuilding projects that you believe do not promote coastal resiliency?
Clean Ocean Action wants to hear from you. Email Sean Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org. COA might add your ideas to the upcoming Waves of Action Conference on Saturday, December 7.
- Sandy Hook volunteers with Presidential Inaugural Committee representatives on January 19, 2013
Show Your Support – Sponsorships Available
Support thousands of volunteers who have helped protect and improve the marine environment – sponsor the Waves of Action Conference. Contact Diana Reinhardt Paradis at (732) 872-0111 for more information and sponsorship benefits.